“Effective, safe and durable weight loss treatment solutions“ is the vision of Dr. Elias Darido, founder of Houston Weight Loss Surgery Center.
In today’s healthcare environment, many overweight patients are falling victims to fad diets, fake pills and false promises. Obesity is a complex medical disease that has reached an epidemic level in Houston. Caring for overweight patients requires experience, knowledge, research, and dedication. Obesity treatment is neither a simple pill you take every day nor a certain diet you adopt for couple of weeks. Obesity treatment is a life journey. At Houston Weight Loss Surgery Center, Dr. Darido is very proud and privileged to be part of your weight loss journey.
Dr. Darido specialized in advanced minimally invasive and weight loss surgery at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. His expertise encompasses several surgeries including sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and hiatal hernia repair. He is considered an expert in managing acid reflux disease in overweight patients.
Throughout his career, Dr. Darido has developed several innovative new procedures for treatment of gastroparesis, obesity and diabetes. Gastric Fundus Invagination or Sleeve Gastrotomy is a novel weight loss procedure that Dr. Darido is currently studying to promote gastric emptying. The surgery is reversible and simple to perform allowing patients to recover fast and with minimal pain. Gastric Fundus Invagination mimics the effects of a traditional sleeve gastrectomy without the need to cut the stomach.
Dr. Darido aspires to provide effective, simple and safe weight loss solutions for patients in Houston and the surrounding areas. If you are 80 or more pounds over your ideal weight, have failed to lose or maintain weight loss through more conservative approaches, and wish to consider a surgical alternative, you will greatly benefit from Dr. Darido’s expertise.
Dr. Darido holds the following designations:
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Board Certified The American Board of Surgery
- Member American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Member Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Member American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Member Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Member Harris County Medical Association (HCMA)
- Member Houston society of Bariatric Surgeons
- Fellowship Trained in Advanced Laparoscopy Surgery
- Fellowship Trained in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery